Thursday, August 23, 2012

1974 Pierre Karsmakers - "I ride Yamaha" - vintage motorcycle / motocross ad

A few words to beginning motocrossers, from a man who knows what he's talking about. "You want to race. And I must think that means you want to win. I'd like to tell you hoiw to do that, but I can't. The best I can do is to tell you what has helped me win. When I was learning, I knew I had to work. Not for a lot of Sundays, but for a lot of years. I exercised. I climbed, I hiked, I ran, I rode as much as I could. I still do. A rider's condition is as important as the condition of his motorcycle. Maybe even more important, because in the last minutes of a long moto, two things happen: The track ggets rough, and the riders get tired. If you're tired, you'll get passed by someone who is still strong. I've won a lot of races in those last minutes. I get plenty of sleep. I don't smoke. I don't drink. If that doesn't sound like much fun to you, then maybe you can find another way of winning. The motorcycle? Well, I've ridden most of them at one time or another. And I wouldn't be honest if I said you couldn't win, part of the time at least, on a lot of different machines. But I've worked every day for ten years to win. So you must believe that I'd ride only the machine I thought would get me to the finish line, and get me ther first. I ride Yamaha." Motorcycles Shown: MX100, MX125 1974 Pierre Karsmakers - "I ride Yamaha" Ad available at www.DadsVintageAds.com CLICK THE PICTURE TO "BUY IT NOW"

Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Blog Archive